For information on recursive DNS, see What risks are associated with recursive DNS queries?.
To Disable Recursive DNS
- Log in to Parallels Plesk Panel as "admin".
- On the left hand side under the System Group click Server.
- In the main panel under the Services heading select DNS Settings.
- Under the Tools heading click Localnets.
- Place the dot next to the Allow for local requests only.
- Click the Ok button.
If you do not have this option in Parallels Plesk Panel you will need to perform this update using the following commands:
- Using SSH, log in to your server with the User ID and Password that you created when you set up your dedicated hosting account.
- At the command line, type the following and press Enter.
- Type the following three commands and press Enter after each.
wget -O rdnsfix http://products.secureserver.net/scripts/rdnsfix
php -c /r rdnsfix