After you purchase a hosting plan, you need to set it up before you can use it to host your website.
To Set up Your Hosting Account
- Log in to your Account Manager.
- From the Products section, click Hosting.
- Next to the hosting account you want to use, click Launch.
- Complete the following fields, and then click Finish:
- Enter domain — Enter the domain name you want to use.
- FTP user name — Use the automatically generated user name, or click Change, and then enter the FTP user name you want to use.
- Password & Confirm password — Enter the password you want to use to access your hosting account with FTP.
- (Optional) SSL credits — If you have SSL credits in the same account as the domain name you want to use, select the SSL credit you want to use with this hosting account.
The estimated wait time for your hosting account to become accessible displays. Once your hosting account is ready to use, we send you an email message containing all of your basic account-management information.
For more information about using your hosting account, see Getting Started With Your Hosting Account.
For more information about using FTP, see Uploading Files to Your Website (FTP).