On an Android® Mobile Device, Cyberspace Solutions Inc. Hosted Exchange not only lets you send and receive email, it also synchronizes email folders, calendars, and contacts. This article's screenshots use Android firmware 2.0, but previous versions use similar settings.
Before continuing, you need to know which version of Exchange your mailbox uses. For more information, see Finding Your Hosted Exchange email Version.
To Use an Android Mobile Device with Hosted Exchange
- From the Home screen, tap the gray Application button.
- Tap Email.
- Tap Next.
- Complete the following, and then tap Next:
- Email Address — Your full email address
- Password — Your email password
- Tap Next.
- Tap Exchange account.
- Complete the following fields, and then click Next.
- Domain\Username — Enter your full email address preceded by a backslash.
(For example, \firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that some phones do not require the backslash.)
TIP: If your phone uses the HTC Sense user interface for Android, Domain and Username are two separate fields. The Domain field should be empty. Enter your full email address in the Username field.
TIP: If your device still doesn't accept the Domain\Username combination, try entering EX1\Account ID.
NOTE: Your Account ID is found in the Hosted Exchange Control Panel on the Mailbox page.
- Password — Enter your email password.
- Exchange Server — Type one of the following, based on your Hosted Exchange email version:
- Exchange 2007 — mail.ex1.secureserver.net
- Exchange 2010 — mail.ex2.secureserver.net
Some Android devices require the Exchange Server p3pw5ex1oab001. If mail.ex(1/2).secureserver.net fails to work for your device, try this alternate server.
- Use secure connection SSL — Select this option
- Accept all SSL certificates — Select this option
- Select your desired Account options, and then tap Next.
- Select your desired settings on Set up email, and then tap Done.
NOTE: As a courtesy, we provide information about how to use certain third-party products, but we do not endorse or directly support third-party products and we are not responsible for the functions or reliability of such products. Android® is a registered trademark of Google. All rights reserved.